This past 3 day weekend Karl continued his anniversary plans for us with a trip to Pine Valley, Utah. Here is my handsome chauffer getting ready for our drive out-of-town...

We stayed at the home of a friend of Karl's (he helped pour concrete there over the summer). It was a great home and we had fun with the whole place to ourselves.

I had never been to Pine Valley before; it is a beautiful place. We saw a few deer, Karl did some spotlighting for coyotes on the drive up (what can I say, he's a hunter), we had dinner in St. George, and enjoyed the lack of cell phone coverage!!!

What a sweet celebration of our 1st anniversary. I truly am a lucky girl!!!

And to top it all off, my wonderful husband surprised me with a wedding cake... complete with fresh orchids!! A sentimental gesture I will always cherish and hold close to my heart.

(The cake took a bit of a tumble in the truck, but it was still perfect to me!!!)
5 comments:
Has it been a year already? Congrats on #1!!
I love the cake! That is sweet since you didn't get one at the reception you never did...guess who I saw at Target last night? Rachel Enos! I told her how you were doing. So funny to run into her.
I know, we always meant to do a reception but time went by so quickly and it seemed like there were so many other things to do... we'll just have to have a big anniversary party one day when we hit a big number :) I think we'll get a "wedding" cake for each anniversary til then-- we could do some fun cakes!!
I can't believe you saw Rachel Enos? I hope she is doing well! Funny, we were just talking about her at the girls' night.
Congrats! One year already...wow. Have many more and each as happy.
Awwwww, how sweet! Looks like the perfect place to stay in and "Celebrate" ;) Tell Karl good job on the cake, it looks yummy and double bonus points for thoughtfulness. Happy 1st year sis! Love ya :)
Post a Comment