...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Reconstructive Face Surgery Never Looked So Good!!!

Here are the photos you've all been waiting for-- Karl's new look! About 2 months ago Karl had upper and lower corrective jaw surgery. The surgeon moved the upper jaw forward and the lower jaw backward. Four hours and several metal plates and screws later and Karl was ready for his close up!


He was the BEST patient-- and took a liquid diet fairly well (his favorite was blended donuts and milk!!) What a handsome chipmunk!

The brusing and swelling were pretty significant-- many a night was spent curled up with an ice pack... but what a good looking smile!!

Even with a "wired" jaw, we still found time to get out and visit family! Here's Karl and his Dad hanging out in Overton.


And here's an photo from last week of Karl and I at my mom's house after church.... I love the way he looks in a suit!!

So, while we still have about 10 months of recovery time to go (the swelling should be completely gone about one year after surgery), Karl is doing well and enjoying his new bite and smile!!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

OUCH! Holy crap that looks like it REALLY hurt! Glad that everything went well... he is very handsome indeed!:-)

Lenzi said...

Sia! Hey girl..Look at you all married to a handsome guy! I love following you and LaAna's blogs.. now only if Anivas wasnt private!! All you girls look so good :) Tell your mama hello for us Campbell girls!!

Sia said...

Thanks Heidi and Lenzi! It was quite a surgery, much more difficult then we thought, but worth it (easy for me to say, I didn't have to go through it!!).

I'll gladly pass on the hello to my mom-- she's up in Oregon visiting with LaAana and the boys this week. Lucky her!! :) I'm sure she'll send a big "hi" back to you too!

Kasey said...

Well what a fun thing to go through your first year of marriage. I think if you can make it through a sick husband you can make it through anything! Hope to see you in August at Spring Mt. Ranch!

Chuckie said...

Dang....there are so many things that I could say about the photos, but I will refrain. Good to hear that he is doing better and that all is well. We need to get together it has been awhile.

LaAna said...

So glad his jaw is feeling better. I know it was a long road to get there....... Now when are they going to fix his face??? LOL
(Sorry, couldn't resist! Pay backs for the big foot jokes)