2 weeks after our first road trip Karl and I took another trip, this time to pick up his new truck from Utah. We flew up to SLC-- and of course, we were both selected for the "intensive" security screening at McCarran! Of all the times I have flown I've never had to go to the extra extra security line, so this was a new thing. We had to stand in a big machine that sniffed us, it was like a metal detector but you stand in it for a minute and it blows air all around y0u. Needless to say, we both passed the test! Upon arrival in SLC we headed up to Logan to pick up Karl's new ride. It was an easy and overall pleasant experience-- and the truck is really nice (I drive it every chance I get!! Good thing Karl is really really good at sharing!! ha ha ha!). We spent some time at Temple Square, saw the Joseph Smith movie (okay, so I saw it-- Karl caught up on some sleep!). We had lunch in Provo at Fudruckers-- of all my time at BYU I never ate there, it wasn't too bad, I think the Mormons just like the name. Then we spent the night with Karl's sister Elisa and her husband James in Cedar City. We caught a movie (Iron Man-- surprisingly good, considering I'm not a big Robert Downey Jr fan) and had a good time visiting his family. I think we'll be takin a road trip to the Grand Canyon next, we'll see....Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Road trip #2 & a new truck for Karl
2 weeks after our first road trip Karl and I took another trip, this time to pick up his new truck from Utah. We flew up to SLC-- and of course, we were both selected for the "intensive" security screening at McCarran! Of all the times I have flown I've never had to go to the extra extra security line, so this was a new thing. We had to stand in a big machine that sniffed us, it was like a metal detector but you stand in it for a minute and it blows air all around y0u. Needless to say, we both passed the test! Upon arrival in SLC we headed up to Logan to pick up Karl's new ride. It was an easy and overall pleasant experience-- and the truck is really nice (I drive it every chance I get!! Good thing Karl is really really good at sharing!! ha ha ha!). We spent some time at Temple Square, saw the Joseph Smith movie (okay, so I saw it-- Karl caught up on some sleep!). We had lunch in Provo at Fudruckers-- of all my time at BYU I never ate there, it wasn't too bad, I think the Mormons just like the name. Then we spent the night with Karl's sister Elisa and her husband James in Cedar City. We caught a movie (Iron Man-- surprisingly good, considering I'm not a big Robert Downey Jr fan) and had a good time visiting his family. I think we'll be takin a road trip to the Grand Canyon next, we'll see....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Sia, I am so glad that you invited me to see your blog! It is way cute! Sounds like you and Karl are having a fun time!! I still can't believe that you and Karl are getting married... small world! Anyway, when you get a minute check out my blog! You can see my new baby girl, Chloe! Talk to ya soon.
Well aren't you the lucky one with all of these little trips you get to take. But it's good to do it all now before the kids come along! I'm so glad you have a blog now so we can all "keep in touch". We still need to plan lunch or dinner out.
Nice truck :)
Hooray, Sia is blogging! What is the haps with the wedding plans now?
good to see your blog sia. this is your cousin jessie. hey, i want to meet this Karl. i hear he's cool as a fan. next time we're in town we'll have too link-up for din, or something like that (maybe some in-n-out, we don't have it in idaho and i'm craving a double double animal style). we love you si-si. hope to see you soon.
by the way, tell niv to invite me or something cause i can't check out her blog.
-the Smith's
Nice looking truck...when are you going to pick me up in it and take me to lunch? You can bring Karl with you to if you want.
Hey! I didn't know you were a blogger!! How fun!
-Carla
Yea for bloggers! This is Lenzi (Campbell) Johnson! How are you and the fam?? How is Aniva?? I have found so many fun people on here! Keep in touch
Hey Sia! I have updated my blog yeah! Sounds like a fun trip! Visit my blog and keep in touch!
DING!!! Okay sis that was the timer - looks like you're due for another post! Just keepin you on track, hey that's what awesome little sisters are for, right!
Post a Comment