is one of those holidays that I never could make up my mind if I liked or not. I've been more single then not on V-Day, so it was never a huge holiday for me in the romantic sense, however I've recently come to the conclusion that I really like Valentine's Day--- but not necessarily for the reasons most people do--the lovey sweetheart couple stuff (though I am a bit spoiled by Karl, see below). The reason I like Valentine's Day is that I get to be a kid again (if for only a few moments) on Valentine's Day. You see, my mom is the best mom ever and as the best mom ever she always makes her kids a special Valentine. It consists of the most delicious homemade heart shaped sugar cookies (one year we got cookies shaped like big lips), with pink frosting, all wrapped up with candies and a little treat-- this year it was cute V-Day socks. Now most moms stop this kinda stuff when their kids get married, but not my mom-- she gives you even more cookies to share!! I would have taken a picture of my Valentine gift but Karl picked it up and tore into it to eat some cookies before I could capture the cuteness.... boys, they just don't get it. Thanks mom for being my special Valentine for all these years-- and hopefully for many many many more to come!
Of course, how could I mention Valentine's Day without mentioning my handsome hunter! Karl is of the belief that V-day is a "girl" holiday, meaning the boy is to get stuff for the girl and the girl just enjoys it....and wanting to be a supportive wife I said "whatever you want dear" (yeah, so maybe it wasn't those exact words...it might have been more along the lines of "so, what romantic evening do you have planned that I've been looking forward to and will set the tone for 2010???? Just kidding, about the 'tone for 2010' part.). So, my romantic husband planned a candle lit dinner at home, had my wedding band engraved, flowers and.... here it comes ladies..... danced with me to a total of 4 slow songs in the candlelight!!! Thanks babe! Here's to many more romantic V-Days, at least until the kids come and then it's egg pan time! (Ask LaAna about the egg pan... gotta love Eddie! Lookin' forward to visiting them so he can use that egg pan for us!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Mom has always been amazing at making any holiday special. I made her heart shaped sugar cookies and everything about them remind me of being a kid again. Funny how it's the simplest things that mean the most. Now as far as the egg pan.... well you get to 12 years of marriage and see where it takes you! Now THAT'S love!!! :)
I hear you! I'm looking forward to the "egg pan" era!!! I sure do miss that brother-in-law of mine. What a blessing Eddie has been to our family, and to me personally-- I made it through law school on Eddie's cooking! I miss the teasing....
You sure are talking about having kids a lot lately. I'm just waiting for the big announcement...
I hope some day my kids will blog about all the effort I make for their Valentines... I think I got the idea from your mom!
PS. Send me your email address please to lvwinder@cox.net.
Post a Comment