I've always loved unique names (probably because I loved being the only Telesia/Sia in my class or group of friends) and I've always loved family names that have history and meaning (Telesia is my Grandma Fau's name, LaAna is named after my two aunts, Aniva means the Stars/Milky Way and Tenny is in honor of my dad). A person's name can have a profound affect on ones development of a sense of self, so when Karl's Dad set up accounts for Karl and I on the church's new family history program I was intrigued to see the names of our ancestors (and potential names for our future children-- this is NOT a pregnancy announcement) and wonder about the type of person they were. Here are a few names from our combined family tree.
Albeon (Karl)--- I bet he was cool, reminds me of Albus Dumbledore
Ursal (Karl)-- has a Walt Disney tone to it (hee hee)
Iva (Karl)--- I bet she was glamorous, reminds me of Ava Gardner
Otto Adolph (Karl)--- yeah, ok. Bet he has some stories.
Arclie (Sia)---she was French, makes this name cooler.
Emmaline (Sia)-- reminds me of Madeline...
Sanitoa (Sia)-- this is a popular name on the Fau side, I bet the original Sanitoa was beautiful
and then there is..... Lualuapuolenu'u (Sia).
I just found out for the first time in my life that Lualuapuolenu'u is the first name of my Grandpa Fau as recorded on his birth certificate (he always went by Tavete, which turns out to be his middle name!).
Hmmm, my Granpa Fau was a smart man....I think I would have gone by Tavete too :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Not a pregnancy announcement? Whatever, it so is! j/k Matt's mom is always asking me if you are pregnant yet! She is so funny!
Actually, we wouldn't mind adding to the family soon! Tell her to check back near the end of the year... to see if we're pregnant that is, not that we've already had the baby!! :)
But if you're thinking of names then a pregnancy announcement will be coming soon! Maybe you'll have twins.....
WOW, what a list to choose from!!! I still say LaAna would be the PERFECT name for my future pale skinned, freckled little cute niece....
Funny Ana, real funny. :)
Post a Comment