...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

All aboard the Birthday Train....

August is a big birthday month for Karl and I (his birthday is the 18th and mine is the 29th), and given that it was Karl's big 30th birthday I thought he'd enjoy a blast from the past....

Karl's favorite birthday cake is the mint chocolate chip ice cream "train" cake from Baskin-Robbins. What a cute little boy! Now I know where he get's his attachment to baseball hats...thank goodness he didn't form the same attachment to overalls!!

So I thought it would be fun to order him his very own train cake! Yum!!

Here is the birthday boy blowing out his candles. The cake was delicious, I might just make this a family tradition!!

As for me, I've always been a fan of german chocolate cake (I get it from my Dad!) so Karl had his sister make me a cake with her homemade german chocolate frosting. It was delicious (at least what I got of it-- Karl's 2nd favorite cake is german chocolate!) Oh, and don't bother trying to count candles, I think we only had 21 ;)

All in all, it was a great birthday month. And while I'm not in a rush to turn another year older, it doesn't feel so bad when the celebration is this sweet! !

2 comments:

Kasey said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great birthday. I love the train cake - that is so cute. I'll have to get one of those for Logan next year!

LaAna said...

Hey, how did I miss this one? What a cute cake! I hope Karl had a wonderful birthday with lots of laughs and fun.