...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 10, 2009

A sign??? Nah, the ward's just getting small....

So, lately I have had a bout with a sickness sometimes refered to as "baby fever"--- I wouldn't say I have a full blown fever, but more like I'm running a little warm. With so much baby talk around lately and between cousins having kids, friend's having kids, family talking about babies, etc., I've been mildly infected. Could be I miss my nephews like crazy, too (see Ana, it's your fault!). But anyway, I've been thinking about little bundles of joy when I got a call, out of the blue, to serve in a new calling in the ward (no more seminary). And what would that calling be??? Primary chorister!! Now I've had many church callings-- YW, Relief Society, Seminary-- but never a calling in the primary, and never as anything related to music. So I started to wonder-- could this be a sign? Is there a message I'm supposed to get from this? I thought getting married meant learning enough about patience already, right? :) Hmmmmmmmm.

Then it happened, I called my mom and heard the ear piercing shrieks of several crying babies. Which started me thinking....you know, there have been a lot of families that have moved out of our ward lately, so really my calling was probably a sign of desperation to fill vacancies because the ward is getting smaller---- yes!! We are, after all, not supposed to be a sign seeking people, right.....

Needless to say I'm not over my "sickness", but my temperature may have cooled a little bit :) We'll see...

8 comments:

LaAna said...

CONGRATS!!! I'm sure you'll be great...... and if not, kids have really short memories so you're safe - LOL!!! At least you have all of mom's ideas and stuff to use so you don't have to reinvent the wheel. Oh, I'd pay anything to see you dressed like a rabbit, or wearing a garden on the top of your head, or better yet hitting the extremely high notes in half the songs..... yeah, GOOD LUCK! :)

Elisa said...

IT'S A SIGN!!!!! I cannot wait till you guys have kids. You will be the best parents! But I also know that the time with just your husband is special. I'm glad you are enjoying it. Thanks for being such a wonderful wife to my little brother. Hie happiness means the world to me! Thanks sis.

Sia said...

Thanks Ana-- I didn't even think about trouble hitting the high notes...until now!!

And thanks Elisa for your support- I know Karl will be a great dad...I'm sure my kids will be the best lizard hunters ever!! :) We really are enjoying our time together!! He is so easy to love!

Kasey said...

You'll do great in that calling! Belive me I've had to learn to love Primary...I've always liked older kids so it's not my favorite place to be. But there will be a moment when they are singing a song and you will hear their voices and feel the Spirit like never before. There is something about those kids singing. Too bad you have to direct the Primary Program now!

Cheralyn said...

You will be great in primary if anything just smile alot and the kids will love you. You will be great at this. Glad to she you are doing good.

GHFamily said...

You are going to rock the primary! Give them some of that Samoan magic!

Dena said...

Congrats Sia! I know you'll be a favorite to all Primary. You have the same great spirit as your mom, what's not to love.

Erin+Marc = Ethan&Aidan said...

We SO need to get together! Man, I LOVE you! Despite all the years we have been away, you still VERY much speak my language. :)

PS I was just called to be the Second Counselor in Primary. :( LOVE the children, NOT excited about overcoming fears of public speaking and teaching. lol Also, I'm not sure if I'm Junior Primary friendly! LOL