...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Long time no blog!!

Well, it's been a while since I last blogged--- and Ana is on my back to put something up so she can leave a smart comment!!! So, here's a short recap of the last few weeks:
1. We made another trip to Wyoming to help Karl's brother's family pour their concrete driveway.  We got some fishing in-- minus the mosquito bites!  Karl and Aaron did such a great job they started a business up there: Sweetwater Concrete.  They specialize in residential concrete slabs, including driveways and patios.  It's a weekend business.... or is it a ploy to get more fishing in?!?!? Only time will tell!
2. We celebrated Karl's 29th birthday on August 18th!!!! I bought him a new fishing rod and a reel (actually, he got it early so he could try it out in UT and WY).  One the big day we hung out, had some PF Changs and watched the classic movie "Watcher in the Woods"--- have you ever seen the alternate endings to this movie?  Crazy!!
3. I was called to teach seminary-- 15 minutes before seminary registration on the Sunday before school started!!!  Yeah, talk about no pressure to accept!! Of course I said yes, and started the very next day.  Poor kids-- I planned to drive Ana and Eddie up to Oregon, so I taught week 1 and had a substitute for week 2!! It was a bit sad because they had to release me from my calling as YW 1st counselor, which I've had for close to 3 years, and I loved my YW, but now I get to see them all everyday-- and I do mean every day. I always wanted to teach seminary-- I just figured it would be a lot later in life!!! 
4. We celebrated my birthday on the 29th of August!!!  It was a great birthday-- Karl surprised me and decorated the condo with signs and 2 dozen roses while I was at seminary, and then gave me a beautiful ring!!  Flowers and jewelry-- he's a keeper!
5. We packed up Ana and Eddie and headed out to Oregon!  I'm actually posting this from the kitchen counter in her new house!  It was a LOOOONNNNGGG drive, but I was glad to have the time with them.  I'll post some photos of our trip when I get back!!

4 comments:

LaAna said...

On man, I just got called out! Well, I don't think anyone would believe that I would leave a smart comment, not ME! Well, nice recap and thanks for driving 20 out of the 24 hours it took t get up here. I NEVER, and I mean NEVER EVER, could have made it without you. I will miss you so much when you and Karl leave. I'm thinking of calling in a bomb threat to your airlines!!!

Chuckie said...

Glad to hear that you made it up there in one piece...Laana you need to get us your new number and address. Happy Birthday Karl.

Kasey said...

Well you've been busy. Seminary! Wow I don't envy you there, but you'll do such an amazing job. I bet no one will fall asleep in your class. We're doing another girls night out dinner on October 11th at 6 p.m. at Cheesecake Factory. We're telling you early so you have to come!

Heidi said...

You are so nice to go with LaAna! That is a pretty cool calling! I bet all the kids just love you! We missed you at our Cheesecake Factory outing last month!! Hope you will be able to come in October:-)