...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Fishin at Otter Creek!!

A few weekends ago Karl & I had the opportunity to go fishing with his Dad at Otter Creek in Utah. We had a great time getting up early, going out on the boat and catchin some fish!


What a catch!!


Hmmm, who's fish is bigger...

Karl and his brother Jerad holding up our morning's catch!!


Karl & I after a long day of fishin fun!


Ok, so I'm not known for being an outdoorswoman-- but after Karl promised that I would never have to bait my own hook or gut my fish (I said I'd try the gutting thing-- but I'm okay to never bait my hook!) I was good to go! I was pretty excited to get away from the heat of Vegas and spend some time out under the stars. We went to Otter Creek in Antimony, Utah with Karl's Dad, his wife Lorraine, and his younger brother, Jerad (it was a chaperoned weekend-- keepin the rules!!). Antimony was a small, but beautiful town and we had a good time. I loved getting up early and going out on the boat-- not to mention catching 5 fish!! Since our trip, Karl has bought me my own fishin pole and I've had a chance to try it out last week in Wyoming. Who knows, maybe I'll become an outdoorswoman!! (yeah, don't hold your breath!!! ha ha ha!)

5 comments:

LaAna said...

WOW! I'm scared of you - outdoors woman! Now, if we're being honest I would say Karl's fish is just a little bigger but yours looks better. Be careful though, if he gets you matching Bass Pro hats then you're in trouble. Oh, wait HE DID!!! That could be your Christmas photo, you two with your fishin poles and matching Bass hats, I can see it now. Too CUTE!

The Ruff Family said...

ok this is scary you fishing. I remember a time when you all couldnt go outside and play and our house cause your mom put you and laana in frilly dresses and now your an outdoorswoman... Hmm how times have changed. It seems like you have found you a good guy. I am so happy for you..

Kasey said...

So I hope you have a good excuse for not calling us back about going out this weekend...Heidi, Steph and I had a good time at dinner on Friday, too bad you weren't there!

Steph said...

Glad you had a good time! I suppose you had better enjoy yourself and the time alone with Karl cause when those little ones start coming your time may be cut short :) We lissed you Friday. You'll have to plan the next one :) Love ya!

Heidi said...

Sia--this is Andrew Dixon. I am the world's biggest fisherman, and boy am I proud that you're with a guy that knows how to fish (and knows about Otter Creek). I hope you're doing well. --Andrew