...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Karl!!

Today is my husband's 31st birthday!! We had a family birthday BBQ/Swim party for him on Saturday (pictures to come) but in the mean time I thought I'd post a few timeless things I love about Karl (or at least think are interesting!)....

#1: Karl LOVES LOVES LOVES animals. He loves to hunt them, rescue them, and lately-- borrow them to spend the night. He is truly an animal person. He loves animal planet, reading bear attack books and can spend hours and hours at Bass Pro Shop (admittedly, that is a pretty cool place, I just can't spend hours there!). He is an equal opportunity animal lover (except for Pugs, which I think are adorable--how can you not love a dog that ugly!!). One day I will concede to having a pet, but until then, he'll have to continue to borrow Tiki and Zoe (see below)-- oh, and he also loves those cowboy shirts with the snap buttons....I don't know what to say about that.....
#2: Karl's favorite food group is CEREAL! That's right, he can and will eat cereal at least once a day and can make anything into cereal...as evidenced by the mini-oreo cereal seen below! If he could find a way to make corndogs into some form of cereal he would be in heaven!!

#3-- Karl LOVES kids and kids LOVE him. I have never met a man, other then maybe Santa Claus, who can capture the attention and love of little kids more then Karl. When we go to church the little kids in front of us will just stare at him and smile...then just look at me and turn away, go figure! He is an amazing uncle and I can't wait to see him with our own kids one day. Here is "Wuncle Karel" with Baby Teni--- soooo cute! (He is also known as the human jungle gym as every kid wants to climb on him or get on his back or shoulders!)...

#4. Karl is my HERO. Without a doubt I love the fact that my husband is always willing to help a person in need. I have never heard him complain about helping someone-- and in fact he cannot see woman on the side of the road in distress and not help-- he said his Dad taught him that and I thank Pops for his great example. He is generous and compassionate in ways I wish I was, and truly embodies what all and Eagle Scout should be. He is a good priesthood holder and just shows you can be devastatingly handsome, have a wicked sense of humor, but still be a good man!
Happy Happy Birthday Karl Spencer O'Dell!!! May we celebrate many many many more birthdays together and with those we love!!!!

1 comment:

GHFamily said...

The trait of loving people and always being available to help others make me think your dad and Karl would have been the best of friends.