I come from a family of big heads... not big in a vanity sense, but big in a circumference sense. Having a big head is a longstanding Fau trait, if you knew my dad you knew he had a huge head (had to have his scuba hood made especially for him), my grandpa Fau had a big head (picture my dad but with white hair), my nephews have big heads (for the big brains they have...they are extremely intelligent.... not that I'm biased!) and I, of all my siblings, have a traditional Fau noggin’. However, I just figured my head was slightly large, and given my hair, it looked bigger then it was (despite a human bobble head joke from Eddie... it actually was a good joke, I'll give him that)... Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to have this conversation with my hubby:
Karl: Babe, you have a big head, right?
Sia: Yeah, I guess. My dad had a big head, it’s a Fau trait.
Karl: Can you stretch out my baseball hat? Just wear it a little while.
Yes, this was an actual conversation from the other night, which was followed by my husband wetting his baseball cap, so it would take shape better, and wedging what felt like a youth cap, onto my head.
What can I say, it is what it is, just call me Ted, Big head Ted that is....
*p.s. If you doubt that Fau's have big heads, just ask my mom, she loves telling the story of how she "gave birth to that head"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
This story made my whole family laugh! I gotta meet this Karl man of yours!
Well, if the shoe fits.... or should I say if the cap DOESN'T fit, wear it, so it WILL!!!
I must say however, Guy is the only one of my boys that has the true Fau head. Drake's is round but smaller and Teni has Eddie's shape for sure. So see there might be hope that your kids don't get the dome after all..... but don't put any bets on it! :0)
Post a Comment