...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Working weekend in Wyoming!!

On the road again.... after being asked to help pour concrete for Karl's sister-in-law's family in Wyoming (ok, so they didn't ask me, I was strictly the sidekick!) we hit the road for the 8 hour drive to fabulous town of Green River, Wyoming, population 11,458!

After purchasing a new tire in St. George, and a few hours on the road, here we are-- still bright eyed and bushy tailed!
It started with a pile of rocks (which I help shovel, by the way!)....
Then came the concrete mixer (I learned a lot about forming, pouring, brushing and finishing concrete--boy is it hard work!)...

Then came the floating and brushing (the technique reminded me of frosting a cake--could be that watching all that hard work just made me hungry!)

And a few finishing touches and we (okay, the boys) were done!!

I tell you, I have a new respect for construction-- and a greater sympathy when Karl comes home from a long day of work and is soooo tired!! Still, even in the heat of things he never complained and made it look easy-- when I know it wasn't-- and all the while managed to look handsome, too! He's a keeper!!!

1 comment:

LaAna said...

So that DOESN"T look like fun, but more power to you guys (or should I say Karl) for doing it! Oh, and I really love the photo of you two in the car - I think that should have been the wedding announcement photo for sure!!!